Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
简介One suspect from a Tajik duo, who allegedly robbed a money exchange store in Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi Pr ...
One suspect from a Tajik duo, who allegedly robbed a money exchange store in Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi Province, in late August, was arrested in Tajikistan after nearly a month on the run, South Korean police revealed Tuesday.
According to Pyeongtaek Police, the 34-year-old male suspect, whose name was withheld, was arrested in his home country by local authorities on Sept. 25. He was accused of stealing 85 million won ($62,800) in US and Korean bills from the exchange store at around noon on Aug. 30.
Wielding a prop gun, he and his accomplice threatened a 60-year-old female employee of the store, took the money and then fled from the site in a car.
The duo used a total of three vehicles, which included a stolen car, for their run.
The suspect fled to Tajikistan via Incheon Airport about four hours after the robbery with a reserved flight ticket. His accomplice, another 34-year-old Tajik, was arrested the next day on Aug. 31, at Incheon Airport by South Korean police.
The suspect, who was caught in Tajikistan, will be put to trial there as South Korea has yet to sign an extradition treaty with the central Asian country.
Pyeongtaek Police plan to cooperate with the Tajik authorities, sharing results of its investigation into the case.
The accomplice, nabbed in Korea, has already been sent for trial on charges of special robbery.
The Korean police said they will continue the investigation to track down three other Tajiks who allegedly assisted the duo’s escape.
문재인 정부가 코로나19 백신·치료제 개발을 위해 셀트리온 등 제약사에 약 830억원을 지원한 뒤, 막상 연구 성과 평가에는 손을 놨다는 주장이 제기됐다.10일 국회 과학기술정보방 ...
“Something unthinkable has become a reality. It feels like a lifetime achievement to some degree,” s ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol was selected as one of the 71 most stylish people of 2023 by US newspaper Th ...
- Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
- S. Korea, US, Japan to discuss regional security issues: White House
- Half of young people struggling financially: Seoul
- Korean attorney elected as new ICC judge
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- [KH Explains] Banks, regulators trade blame for snowballing ELS losses
Sejong University ranks 8th among Korean peers in world university rankings for 3rd consecutive year
Samsung SDI renews push for all
Korean attorney elected as new ICC judge
안철수 “이준석 신당 성공 가능성 낮아…3가지 갖추지 못해“
Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl
LG wins SOAFEE board membership to join Arm, Bosch
- 외교부, 이스라엘 전역 여행경보 ‘특별여행주의보’ 발령
- Israeli forces clash with Hamas gunmen after hundreds killed
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed, growth woes
- Chief justice seat at top court left vacant amid Assembly chaos
- S. Korea finishes 3rd with 42 gold medals at Hangzhou Asian Games
- Foreigners ditch sluggish Korean stocks
- S. Korean ambassador says stronger Russia
- Hyundai’s decadeslong support for archery pays off at Asian Games
- Opposition leader Lee attends arrest warrant hearing at Seoul court
- Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
- 與 "고물가로 민생 어렵다면서 돈 풀자는 이재명…모순덩어리"
- Embracing setbacks: KAIST students vie for the inaugural 'worst failure' crown
- 통일부 “남북 간 장기간 연락 중단 유감…정상화 촉구”
- Israeli military jets strike Gaza, says Hamas commander killed
- KG Mobility, BYD bolster ties on EV batteries, hybrids
- KITA chief touts Ireland’s business
- Indonesia’s upcycling startup wins Korea
- Supreme Court acquits ex
- Paris Baguette inks sponsorship deal with Paris Saint
- Police turn to AI to predict crimes, drug tracking
- Yangjae Flower Festa kicks off Friday
- 인재영입위원장에 이철규 내정…김웅 "윤심만 영입하겠단 것"
- Jungkook welcomes 'golden moment' of his life with 1st solo album
- Seoul shares open higher on US advance
- Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
- 美 ICBM '미니트맨
- Viviz goes all out for 4th EP ‘Versus’
- Asiana Airlines board to reconvene to vote on cargo biz sell
- Xi says 'willing to make bigger contributions' in letter to NK leader
- PPP launches special committee on plan to include Gimpo into Seoul