您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
US strategic bomber B
简介A US strategic bomber B-52 is set to arrive at a South Korean air base later this week, multiple sou ...
A US strategic bomber B-52 is set to arrive at a South Korean air base later this week, multiple sources said Monday, in the latest show of force against North Korea's missile and nuclear threat.
It would mark the first time that the B-52 Stratofortress has landed at a South Korean air base although the long-range bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons flew over the Korean Peninsula for joint drills between South Korea and the United States.
The B-52 is one of the major US strategic bombers along with the B-2 Spirit and B-1B Lancer, which landed at Osan Air base in Pyeongtaek, 60 kilometers south of Seoul, in September 2016.
The deployment of the nuclear-capable B-52 is expected to demonstrate the US commitment to further enhance the regular visibility of strategic assets in the region amid heightened tension over Pyongyang's growing nuclear threat and plan to launch a military spy satellite again this month after two failed attempts this year.
The nuclear-powered USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier arrived at the southeastern port of Busan on Thursday for a five-day visit following trilateral naval drills involving the United States, South Korea and Japan.
In July, Pyongyang denounced the US deployment of strategic nuclear assets to the Korean peninsula as "the most undisguised nuclear blackmail" against North Korea. (Yonhap)
- 부모와 아이
Two Russians and three Uzbeks are currently under investigation for allegedly fighting at a campsite ...
- 부모와 아이
Eight in 10 South Koreans think they should be able to decide whether to mute or enable their camera ...
- 부모와 아이
South Korea's unification ministry plans to hold talks with the UN Command to resume a tour pro ...
- Sejong University ranks 8th among Korean peers in world university rankings for 3rd consecutive year
- Naver CEO satisfied with 'better
- 8 in 10 favor removing mandatory camera shutter sound: survey
- Bedbug fear spreads across Seoul
- Appeals court upholds 40
- [Our Museums] Legacy of early Catholics at Korean Catholic Martyrs' Museum
218 Koreans head home from Israel: Foreign Ministry
From artisan to 'foreign laborer:' a French craftsman's take on Korea's construction scene
LG CNS, NYC, AmCham Korea forge partnerships on digital transformation
Over 84% of cattle got vaccines against lumpy skin disease
[New in Korean] Even in city overrun by mold, humans dream of stars, sunsets
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- Sabre fencer, swimming relay team eye historic medals
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
- US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- Moon officials tried to cover up North Korea’s murder of South Korean: state inspectors
- [News Focus] Why Kim Jong
- Auditor says Moon govt distorted 2020 death of fisheries official
- Court overturns ruling on fabricated asylum interview: report
- Congresswoman redoubles calls for support to designate Nov. 22 as 'Kimchi Day'
- 12일부터 4·10총선 예비후보자 등록 시작
- Four Korean drama series nominated for Critics Choice Awards
- AliExpress vows to invest W10b to root out fake goods in Korea
- [Today’s K
- ‘Korea could go extinct without proper immigration policy’: minister
- 조응천 "8년간 쓴소리 했는데…요즘은 백태클에 뒤통수 가격"
- Seoul high court sides with iPhone owners against Apple over ‘batterygate’
- 안철수 “이준석 신당 성공 가능성 낮아…3가지 갖추지 못해“
- LG H&H sales up 294% in half year on Japan's Qoo10
- [KH Explains] China ups OLED ante to take over Korean shares
- LG wins SOAFEE board membership to join Arm, Bosch
- Half of young people struggling financially: Seoul
- Posco Future M to supply battery materials for LG
- S. Korea, US, Japan to discuss regional security issues: White House
- Actors, musicians unite for Hakchon Theater's closing act